[IRCServices] cpu consumption

Andrew Kempe andrewk at icon.co.za
Thu Oct 28 08:31:30 PDT 1999

I agree with this,

I was going to say that most of the problems I've heard of with regards to
high cpu usage have been when a modified version of Dreamforge is being
used. I guess this is starting to prove itself. Is anyone having this
problem with an ircd that is _totally_ supported by services?

It is important to note that although a change to the ircd, such as a new
mode, seems small an insignificant, it can have a profound effect on
services.

I also doubt that there will be support for all these modified versions.
It is hard enough trying to make services work with the numerous
"base/major" ircds that are out there.

Andrew