[IRCServices] cpu consumption

Chris chriswh at cyberhighway.net
Sat Oct 30 06:26:52 PDT 1999

Yes, I am strongly against his selling of the software, and as this does
not relate to services, forgive me, but he claims he is selling JUST his
code, the rest comes with it free. And, Pertaining to Services, In the past
Elite has not done well with services at all. IMHO, I wouldn't use it
[Elite] with services. Unreal IRCD is extremely similar to Elite IRCD, if
Unreal could just have/fix a mode +L (which I personally don't really have
an opinion about) would be just like Elite and Potvin wouldn't get any
"customers". Kick him where it hurts in other words. Please note, I do not
hate Potvin, I've had the priviledge of admining with him and he's really
not a bad person. I just do not agree with his selling an IRCD. Also if
Unreal has a fixed +L, I am not aware of it, but I don't keep up with it so
I may be wrong. But I would go with Unreal if you like the "Elite style"
IRCD.

Just my $.02

-psych0path

----------
> From: egg at writeme.com
> To: ircservices at ender.shadowfire.org
> Subject: Re: [IRCServices] cpu consumption
> Date: Saturday, October 30, 1999 1:23 AM
>

> A quick note here.  This guy is selling GNU software...... Or in other
> words he's doing something he isn't allowed to do....
>
> Read http://www.freshmeat.net/appindex/1999/10/17/940203481.html
> A small extract:
> >Potvin says himself that it is no longer under the GPL. To cite the GPL:
4.