[IRCServices] backups

Pinto, Joao Luis (J.) jpinto9 at visteon.com
Mon Nov 8 00:34:41 PST 1999

Hi,
I have some questions, do you intend to have a backup services using the
same .dbs that were used by master services ???
I don't see no advantage on having a backup services on the same machine you
are running the master services.
The ideal solution would be to have a "periodic backup system" from the main
services to the backup, backup system would have a BOT to check if services
were running, if services were down the backup system would start
automatically.
The major problem of this system is the "backup" since accurate .dbs means
heavy uploads.
A nicer way, would be to implement a backup channel on services, using a
TCP/IP connection to a backup server, this way all changes would be
transfered on real-time, and the backup server would know when services went
down when the connection goes down.
These are some theories :)
however I do have a automatically ftp backup system on cron, with daily
backups, the backup Services ate started manually until I have some time to
code the Rescue BOT :)
In my system, returning to master services, would be a human process.

João Luís Marques Pinto
PTlink Tech - Lamego at PTlink.net
http://www.PTlink.net