[IRCServices] Copyright Violations

Pinto, Joao Luis (J.) jpinto9 at visteon.com
Thu Nov 11 00:24:28 PST 1999

Hi,
I don't agreed with you, "could have said a bit more about who originally
coded services", according to GNU, one should preserve the CopyRight notices
however it seems to me that the coptyrigth contents are responsabilty of the
original author, if he/she made CopyRight clear there makes no sense someone
who starts a modified version to extend the original CopyRigth.
I am coding PTlink Services, I sarted changing Andy Services 2.4.4, some
months ago, I kept all (C)opyrigth notices as based on Andy Services,
however if I continue changing most of the original code (nor just adding a
few line), some notices may disappear from somefiles, every CopyRigth notice
is applied to a specific code file, If I change that file let's say 80%, I
will propably change it to my CopyRight.

Just some ideas :)

João Luís Marques Pinto
PTlink Tech - Lamego at PTlink.net
http://www.PTlink.net