[IRCServices] Development Mailing List

Andrew Kempe andrewk at icon.co.za
Sat Nov 20 03:03:15 PST 1999

It's pretty clear to see that a list of this nature would be appreciated and
I'll gladly host such a list.

This list should be used to discuss how to make changes to the Services
source, what those changes may break, ways in which the current code and be
optimised and what the best way of doing all these things may be.

I don't want this list to become a place where people post once-off hacks.
Code that has been discussed and is generally regarded as being acceptable
will be stored on the ftp site. Should the changes work on a global scale,
integrate properly with IRC Services, and are in demand, they will be
considered for inclusion on the main distribution.

I have to emphasise that IRC Services caters for a wide range of users at
present. This means that although a change may be wonderfull, it may not be
suitable for release with the main distribution.

If you have any comments or suggestions, please let me know. I'm pretty open
to changing things to benefit the majority. This is going to be a ML where
skills and creativity can be shared. Please use it appropriately.

I'll probably have the list up and running sometime today.

Regards, Andrew