[IRCServices] ChanServ KICK command(?)

Brian n1uro at n1uro.com
Thu Dec 23 00:03:34 PST 1999

Greetings;

>It may come in usefull in cases where channel admins don't not want to give
>ops out to people, but want them to be able to remove users from the
>channel.
>
>Your input would be appreciated.

I seldom write to this list as I believe Andy and Andrew have both
done excellent jobs with services and they work well on my small (and hardly
used) network...however since an opinion was asked about the "Kick" feature
for a non-channel Op it is of my worthless opinion that it may be a useful
tool _if_ a channel founder and/or SOP could adjust the access list to allow
voiced users the right to manually kick an abusive user but no other 'op'
priviledges.

The madness behind my logic is this:

o Most voiced users end up becoming channel ops down the road
o Most voiced users are channel regulars
o Most voiced users are familiar enough with the channel founders rules/wishes
o Would be a good start in 'Op training' for a voiced user

Of course, with this idea you would probably wish to create two types of voiced
users...standard and super or something along those lines maybe.

Again just my worthless 'two cents'.

Happy Holidays to one and all!

73 de Brian

                                     UROWeb
                           CT TCPIP Coordinator 44.88/18
                       Distribution and support site of MFNOS
                        ftp://ftp.n1uro.com/public/nos/mfnos
                     web: <A  HREF="http://www.n1uro.com">http://www.n1uro.com</A>  ftp: ftp.n1uro.com
       Memeber of the Executive Guild's "Who's Who" for online services and
                         network technologies since 11/1999