[IRCServices] US Mirror

Charles Borner chas2 at mediaone.net
Sat Jan 1 09:05:33 PST 2000

If you're looking for a mirror, I can provide.

http://www.evilnet.net

Our last downtime was for a couple hours to install a new HD and update to
RH 6.1 on 12/24/1999

Our last downtime before that was 4 months ago when we had to bring the
server offline while the generator that's part of our provider's UPS was
being upgraded.

Our box went up in August of 1999.

Our previous Linux box at an older provider had no downtime related to
server problems, it was our connectivity provider that was the problem.

Currently we're the only box on a T1 line.

Services active:

Apache+Mod_Perl+PHP3
Wu-FTPD
AnonFTP
DalNET IRC (DreamForge+EsperNET services) (irc.evilnet.net)
SSH
We also have sendmail running, but in an SMTP-only configuration (keeps
people from abusing the server).
(An occasional Q2/Q3/UT server which hasn't affected connectivity at all, as
the game server goes up for only short periods and doesn't advertise at
all.)

The current machine itself:

CPU: P2 233
Mobo: Asus PL97 LX-based motherboard