[IRCServices] ChanServ KICK command(?)

Gaven Cohen dragon at wastelands.net
Fri Jan 7 01:08:47 PST 2000

On Wed, 22 Dec 1999, Nick Krassas wrote:

> Greetings all,
> 	one idea is that a user having access at one channel could easy
> put a akick to the user that is not wanted in the channel. a second
> reason, is the kick going to be anonymous ? and is this correct ?

Its fairly easy to define a number of switches which channel founders
could use to control kick usage.

- enabled or not
- anonymous or kicker in the kick reason
- etc.

Personally, I found anonymous kicks (such as when I use a bot) quite
useful, provided all the channel ops are mature and responsible.  Sure,
its easy enough to just ignore someone you've kicked for bad behaviour or
whatever, but its useful to have a non-person to be the recipient of bad
vibes :)

See ya,
Gaven

---
Gaven Cohen aka Kinslayer <dragon at wastelands.net> www.wastelands.net
freelance sysadmin/programmer HABONIM DROR linux, fantasy enthusiast
RSA/1024 0xFC82B78F 4B 43 3C 20 47 58 AF AC  DB 1E 7F 6E 64 08 15 7E