[IRCServices] Problems with services and ircd

Tim Jung tjung at igateway.net
Wed Jan 19 11:19:10 PST 2000

No one is allowed to telnet into that server but me. So all IRC clients are
remote clients none are done via the local loopback or from the machine
itself.

Your comment that no program should be able to crash an OS is true if this
were a perfect world. This isn't a perfect world and software is updated all
the time to fix bugs etc, and this could possibly be a bug that needs to be
fixed. I don't know for sure. But I don't understand how my game servers can
chew up all the ram and put huge loads on the processor (1.xx and higher)
and they don't crash the server.

Yet I can run just IRCD and SERVICES and like clockwork the server will
crash after a day or so. It points to a problem in IRC and SERVICES and
their interaction with the operating system. Since they are the only
applications that crash the server.

Tim Jung
System Admin
Internet Gateway Inc.