[IRCServices] combining services databases

Kelmar K. Firesun kfiresun at ix.netcom.com
Sat May 27 11:07:09 PDT 2000

----- Original Message -----
From: "DarkStalker" <drkstlkr at goplay.com>
To: <ircservices at delirious.shadowfire.org>
Sent: Saturday, May 27, 2000 2:04 AM
Subject: [IRCServices] combining services databases

> I was wondering if there was a way to combine database files from one
> IRC services 4.3.3 and another.  You see I have a server that wants
> to link to mine and we both are using Unreal3.0 and IRCservices
> 4.3.3, but neither of us wants to give up our services and lose all
> our users info. Any help would be appreciated.

I think you would have to write a custom program to do that.

In the original message that I wrote:

>This will allow you to sperate the root users
>by a space in the config file like so:
>
>ServicesRoot "User1 User2 ... UserN"

That's what you need to do.  For example, if you have the users, Foo, Bar,
and Baz
and they need to be set up as root services users, you would put the
followign in your
services.conf:

ServicesRoot "Foo Bar Baz"

Each user will need to be identified to nickserv before they can use the
privilaged commands.

I hope this clears things up.

Bryce Simonds (Kelmar K. Firesun)
IRCop: dream.esper.net port 5555