[IRCServices] New services implementations & Updates?

Ross Bemrose (Powerlord) powerlord at vgmusic.com
Mon May 29 04:03:42 PDT 2000

By saying SQL provides true realtime redundancy, you forget one point:
If the master services splits because it is DOSed or the ISPs uplink has
problems, the SQL server is going to be just as lagged as the master
services.  The only solution to that would be to have a database server
running on each set of services, and the amount of overhead that would cause
is astronomical, because they'd need to sync up at every minor change.

Wow, first post for me to...  in the almost 6 months of subscribing to this
list.