AW: [IRCServices] Addition for the command line...

Chris chriswh at cyberhighway.net
Mon Jun 26 13:58:18 PDT 2000

Well, if you generated such an editor, if ANYBODY got a hold of your DB's
and had the editor,
there goes your stuff. There would have to be some sort of locking that
would only allow the databases owner to read it. Such as a password(?). How
to do this(or how much sense I'm making) I don't know.

Also... on the ./services -noakill thing...how about a timer? No akills
will be made within N seconds
set in the services.conf Sound good or not? I'm just throwing things out
here.
so If I have like

'NoAkillTime 30' in my services.conf and I do a './services -noakill' then
services would not make a single akill 30 seconds after they have
started.(may want to go higher than 30 to give it time to connect, etc.)

Just some ideas.

-Chris

----------
> From: Jonathan Morton <chromi at cyberspace.org>
> To: ircservices at delirious.shadowfire.org
> Subject: Re: AW: [IRCServices] Addition for the command line...
> Date: Sunday, June 25, 2000 2:00 PM

<snip already posted material>

> What happens if Services is started _after_ the admin is online?  Does it
> not check who is online at the moment it starts up?  Simply moving the
> akill.db is practically the same as deleting it, IMHO, as it can't be
> merged in while services is running, and it can't be edited without being
> connected to an IRC server with Services attached.
>
> A workaround might be to move the akill.db to a small Linux box running
> Services and an ircd, and connect using "localhost" to avoid the
ISP-based