[IRCServices] About new Version...

Scott Seufert anarki at flamebait.org
Mon Jul 17 06:04:19 PDT 2000

In my humble opinion there shouldn't be a mail server built into services,
this could bog them down ... but instead, have services use sendmail, and
also instead of giving users and email account, I believe it would be more
practical to have services email a users password to them.

This option could eliminate the GETPASS command. Email addresses could be
hidden so they don't appear in a /nickserv info. Then have a command added
such as /nickserv GIVEPASS <nick>. this command can be executed by anyone.
Services then emails <nick> his/her password. This should make getting a
user's password harder, if for no other reason than it is mailed to the
user, regardless of who executed the command.

Same for channels. This would provide awsome security, especially if an
Services Admin's O:Line was hacked. The "hacker" still couldn't get any
passwords.

Actually, now that I mentioned O:Line hacking. I have another suggestion. It
regards akills. How about having it so that Services Root can not be
akill'ed? In the event that a Services Admin's O:Line is hacked, there would
be at least one person that could un-akill any mask that was akilled by a
hacked O:Line. Also have services deny the akill mask of *@* (if not already
implemented).

Scott Seufert
aka Anarki