[IRCServices] Suggestion

Joao Luis Marques Pinto Lamego at PTlink.net
Wed Jul 19 02:53:32 PDT 2000

err,
why to create an abusive track system when you can easly create an abuse
blocking system ?
Anyway if someone is interested in this option it is available on PTlink
Services for some versions ago with /CHANSERV SET #Chan NOLINKS ON, it is easly
portated to ircservices with one or two copy paste.

On Wed, 19 Jul 2000 07:47:59 you wrote:
> Jonathan Morton wrote:
>
> > >I am confussed about one thing though ... I don't see why having a list
of
> > >linked nicks even matters... Services binds them all anyway ... if you
have
> > >access to a chan with nick1 .. you have just as much access with nick2.
> >
> > If you actually followed the thread, you'd have read this:
> >
> > >Because linked nick OPs are hard to track not beeing an sadmin...
> > >You can get op with linked nick Nick1 ... Nick1 makes some troubles.. and
you
> > >cannot delete it because you dont know his linked nick on the access
list.

> > He then went on to mention how hard it was to manually search through the
> > user-info for an ACCESS list numbering around 100.
>
> ...so do something along the lines of a "why" command.  Services knows why a
> particular nick has access in a channel (linked to nick 'x' which is on the
access
> list as level 'nn'), let it tell you.
>
> -- Quension

Joao Luis Marques Pinto