AW: [IRCServices] Faster AKILL Processing...

Yusuf Iskenderoglu uhc0 at rz.uni-karlsruhe.de
Wed Jul 19 14:00:39 PDT 2000

Hi again;

I've merged my thoughts about this topic and came to the following option,
which probably decrease the load on services.

You could set up another set of services, which is started in -skeleton, leading to
everything but OperServ disabled, and advisable is not to use confusing nicknames
for the known part of services. That OperServ can be used to place akills, and manage akills,
and remove akills etc, without taking any time from the real services which still continue working.

I think your opers should not be that much unhappy having to identify to let's say ServBot in order to
use the *new* AkillServ.

Regards,

Yusuf Iskenderoglu
eMail - uhc0 at rz.uni-karlsruhe.de