[IRCServices] ircservices-4.4.7 Bugs

Uziel uziel at ingsoc.com
Sat Sep 9 10:59:46 PDT 2000

Not sure this went through the first time...here it is again.  If it's a
repeat, sorry.

4.4.7 has reintroduced the memory allocation bug in do_sjoin.

c = smalloc(sizeof(*channel)) should be c = smalloc(sizeof(*c))

-Also in do_sjoin: The last do_cmode in the function should have a first
param of av[2] not av[0].

-In addition, I believe that in config.c the type for DefSessionLimit
should be PARAM_INT and not PARAM_POSINT if the attempt (as per the Changes
file) is to allow a limit of zero.

-do_deop reports deop's in the same manner that do_op did.  Hence, the same
buffer overflow that existed in do_op still seems to be around in do_deop.

At 10:43 PM 8/27/00 +0200, you wrote:
>Version 4.4.7 [STABLE-BETA] of IRC Services has been released. This is a
>bugfix release that ought to fix all the AKICK ENFORCE, and similar, crashes
>that have been plauging services. If all the crashes have been fixed, then
>4.4.7 should become RELEASE soon! It also means 4.5 should be due out soon
>too :)
>
>2000/08/27 .7   Fixed a bug in CS OP where users could be added to channel's
>                     op list without being in the channel. This should fix
>many
>                     of the bugs pertaining to channel user lists - notably
>the
>                     AKICK ENFORCE bug. Many thanks go to Toshi Morita
>                     <tm2 at best.com> for finding and reporting this bug!
>
>You can download it from the usual places:
>         ftp://ender.shadowfire.org/pub/ircservices/beta/ (South Africa)
>       <A  HREF="ftp://ftp.electrocity.com/pub/ircservices/beta/">ftp://ftp.electrocity.com/pub/ircservices/beta/</A> (South Africa)
>       <A  HREF="ftp://baboon.cat.pdx.edu/pub/ircservices/beta/">ftp://baboon.cat.pdx.edu/pub/ircservices/beta/</A>  (USA)
>
>Andrew

Uziel (uziel at ingsoc.com)

--I caught sight of my reflection
	I caught it in the window