[IRCServices] Root User and Channels Access lists

&quot &quot
Tue Sep 12 18:28:12 PDT 2000

Ok I was the one who actually started this and Im still without access to modifiying users access lists on channels , this is really important to me and I believe to everyone specially when you want to help new users setting up their channels.

Is there any good soul out there willing to help me personally , Im new to all this and it looks by some people's answers on this list that there is really a way for the services root to be able to change access lists .
The only way I have found till now its using GETPASS then pretend Im the user and change the access list that way.

For example lonewolf at lagnet.org.za (Lonewolf) said:

"But you're quite right, I missed the call to is_services_root() in
 is_services_admin() in operserv.c."

Is he/she implyinig you can modify the file 'operserv.c' to allow you to touch access lists ?

In a message dated 9/12/00 4:44:51 PM Pacific Daylight Time, lonewolf at lagnet.org.za writes:

<< On Tue, Sep 12, 2000 at 07:51:58AM -0700, quension at softhome.net wrote:
 > Services root has the highest level of access, as long as you're
 > using and identified to that nick.  There is no need to add yourself
 > to anything.  Otherwise, what would be the point of having a
 > services root?

 To manipulate the SA list.

 lonewolf at lagnet.org.za

Are You Bored? go here - - - - - - -> www.chatfirst.com