[IRCServices] How to make ChanServ join every channel when registered?

&quot &quot
Thu Sep 14 07:21:11 PDT 2000

Firstly, why would you want ChanServ to join every channel upon registration?

Secondly, if I recall, IRC-Services was not designed to stay in channels 24/7, merely to maintain Nicknames, Channels and various other Network functions (like AKILL, Session Limiting, OperServ Access etc...).

ChanServ CAN go into a channel but I think that's only if you FORBID a channel and it Inhabits it for 15 seconds when it kicks/bans the person from it, I'm not 100% sure on this so don't quote me on it.

IMHO having ChanServ join a channel upon registration is a waste of time and resources, it doesn't really serve a purpose unless your IRCd doesn't list channels unless they have more than 1 user in them, but even then that's an IRCd problem.

In short, yes you CAN have ChanServ join the chans on registration but any modifications you make to IRC-Services are unsupported.

(Anyone is free to correct me here)

Quinn