[IRCServices] juping a server.

quension at softhome.net quension at softhome.net
Thu Sep 21 14:46:56 PDT 2000

dreamer at darkness.gr wrote:

>         In the version of services that we are using in irc.gr there is a
> small bug at the jupe command, that can be easy fixed. That is, while
> sending a jupe command for a server that exist, services just die.
> Juping a server, services are introducing a server with the name specified
> in the jupe command. There is no check to see if the server is still
> connected and can be juped or not.

>         A small fix could be , to send an squit command from the services
> it self before sending the jupe command.

I implemented this a mod of 4.3.3 I did awhile back.  It works if
someone attempts to jupe the same server twice, but not if the real
server is connected at the time of the jupe.  SQUITs are only acted upon
if coming from the server directly linked to the one being disconnected;
so services can SQUIT its own jupe, but must wait for the SQUIT to
return if the target is a remote server.  It isn't precisely services'
fault for dying; its uplink server is the one that terminates the
connection (server collision).

However, now that services is keeping track of linked servers, perhaps
something better could be done (i.e. setting a "jupe sent" event and
waiting for it to return, if the real server is linked).

-- Quension