[IRCServices] Dumb question

quension at softhome.net quension at softhome.net
Thu Sep 21 16:05:30 PDT 2000

Tim AtLee wrote:

> What does access level 9999 do?

Nothing special by itself; it's just the highest possible access level
you can assign anything to.  If you're responding to my post on the
Suspended Channels thread, setting the ACC-CHANGE level to 9999 (which
is something only the founder can do) would prevent anyone with a lower
access level from changing the access list.  If no one has been given
level 9999 access, that means only the founder can change the access
list.  This is one way for the founder to "freeze" the channel himself.

I had forgotten that you could set specific levels to DISABLE status,
which means only the founder would have the appropriate level of
access.  That's what I originally intended in my post in the Suspended
Channels thread:

/msg chanserv levels <channel> set acc-change disable

If I confused you, try "/msg chanserv levels help" and "/msg chanserv
help levels desc".

-- Quension