[IRCServices] Suspended Channels

quension at softhome.net quension at softhome.net
Thu Sep 21 16:27:01 PDT 2000

"Chris Knipe " wrote:

> ircservices at delirious, ircservices at show, ircservices at ender?!?!?  Its'
> getting a bit crazy don't you think?
>
> On more than one occasion I actually had to remove recipients from my
> To: and CC: fields from my client to stop it from sending mail to
> lists at both hosts (which will more than likely result in looped email?)
>
> Can't you just like forward two hosts or a single drop point or
> something?  Appart from possible mail loops, theres also the matter of
> keeping to change / update mail rules on our sides to filter our incoming
> mail.

The Reply-To field is always ircservices at ender.shadowfire.org.  Can your
client not pay attention the intent of that field and address the
message appropriately?

As for filtering, there are plenty of other things to latch on to
besides the host part of the To: field address.

Not to be too rude or harsh here, but it seems a client-side issue to me
:P

-- Quension