[IRCServices] cheers. ideas.

Chris Wiest kwahraw at relic.net
Wed Oct 11 06:09:29 PDT 2000

*shrug* perspectives and experience I suppose come into play here. While
it may be the o/s we are operating from, which is FreeBSD4.0 (I am
hesitant to move to 4.1, though the CD's are sitting on my desk at
work due to its relative newness, and some network issues I've had with
it on our development machine at work), 4.0 one would think would be able
to keep mysql up and running.  The issue seems to come about with multiple
query requests and attempts to place entries into the database
simultaneously.  Again, my point is an XML format would perhaps be the
better way to go, as it is not dependent on a 3rd party application
working properly.  Even if you have not had issues with the application
itself, there is still the exposure that a third party application (your
sql program) could crash, which on a philosophical level (putting aside my
above mentioned personal problems with the application) is a bad way to
go. I am not saying not to go ahead with sql, I am just pointing out a
pretty clear downfall to doing so.

--CDW