[IRCServices] Desperate Problems

Michael Smith mike at chat.za.net
Wed Oct 11 09:01:09 PDT 2000

the IRCD is stupid, the only time it checks nick integrity is on the /nick
command

you can use svsnick

I changed a whole channel full of people to have the same name using svsnick

SVSnick is what the services uses to "guest" people

Mike

At 04:56 PM 00/10/09 +0100, you wrote:
>Just as a matter of interest, how does this happen ? I didn't think it was
>possible for more than one person to have the same nick....surely the ircd
>wouldn't allow it ?
>

>Ciarán.

---
Michael Smith (Warlock on IRC)
http://www.warlock.web.za
 "Do you smell something burning or is it me?"
                -- Joan of Arc