[IRCServices] Ircd's and Services....

&quot &quot
Sat Oct 14 08:36:56 PDT 2000

You can try http://www.slashnet.org/ it is based off of DALnet's older DreamForge code. It's called Cyclone. There is a patch that is required to run properly with IRCServices, whicth you can also get from slashnet.org.

Scott Seufert
aka katsklaw
Server Admin
Excalibre.ShadowFire.Org
----- Original Message -----
From: Ciarán Reilly
To: IRC Services List
Sent: Saturday, October 14, 2000 10:32 AM
Subject: [IRCServices] Ircd's and Services....

Hi folks, The IRC network I administer has ceased to operate, it will be back in a few months as a fresh newly designed service, and as such, I wanted to completely overhaul my IRC Server. I have been running Services4.4.5 with Elite3.1.1. I know Elite wasn't supported, but I didnt have many problems with it. This time however, I'd like to iron out alllllll the bumps, so I was wondering if anyone can reccomend some good IRCD's, which are compatible with Services, and in addition do the following :

User Hostmasking, (A requirement)
Wingate / Proxy detection (an optional extra, not needed, but preferred)
Any other fancy features you care to mention.

Obviously, the fundamental requirement is that they're compatible with Services, anyone got suggestions ?

Also, is there any kinda estimated release date for 4.5 ?

Probably a stupid qustion, but is Services compatible with the likes of ConfrenceRoom from www.confrenceroom.com, I dunno, the idea of a multithreaded Ircd sometimes appeals to me...

Thanks for your time,

Ciarán.