[IRCServices] Errors compiling ircservices

&quot &quot
Tue Oct 17 21:06:06 PDT 2000

----- Original Message -----
From: Matt Lewandowsky <matt.l at techie.com>
To: <ircservices at snow.shadowfire.org>
Sent: Tuesday, October 17, 2000 7:54 PM
Subject: [IRCServices] Errors compiling ircservices

> I seem to be unable to get services to compile under Win32/Cygwin for
> UnrealIRCd... (If I had a more *nix-y box that I could use I would.) I get
> the following warnings, however this shouldn't cause the make to fail,
> should it? Below the output of trying to build services 4.3.3 and 4.4.8,
> please find some basic info on my setup... (The only change I've made to
> the stock distribution is changing the 'cp -p' test in the configure
script
> so that it works with a .exe extension as given by gcc.)
>
> Thank you for any assistance you may be able to provide. If you need
> further information, please ask. And I saw nothing about this in the known
> bugs list. (Although it *did* say Windows is unsupported. Though this
looks
> more like gcc doesn't like something. And I hope I came to the right place
> with this...)
>
> - --Matt

<snip>

I would say that it would be much easier and faster to use Win32 type
daemons and services if you insist on using Win32, otherwise a good *nix
solution is best.

Scott Seufert
aka katsklaw
Server Admin
Excalibre.ShadowFire.Org

P.S. If you are hellbent to use a win32 solution you may email me privately
for the binaries of a set of Services not unlike DALnet's and also an older
DreamForge for win32.