[IRCServices] services segfaults -- libc problem? - Addendum

&quot &quot
Wed Oct 18 02:31:33 PDT 2000

Hi again,

before anyone asks:

- Nothing is printed into the log
- Command line options like -debug and -nofork didn't help, either;
  services segfaulted anyway
- I'm using services with cyclone 0.3, and I'm fully aware of the
  minor modification that needs to be done to make services cyclone
  compatible; however, the same thing (segfault) is happening with
  AND without the modification; it also happens when I choose a
  completely different ircd in ./configure.
- The same thing is happening on my linux box at home, so I guess this
  really *is* a problem with the latest libc (the joys of a bleeding
  edge Debian system.. sometimes it just bleeds too much!). However,
  as nothing else seems to be broken, this should be fairly easy to
  resolve if it's really the cause of the constant segfaulting.

Okay, enough blabber from me. :) Looking forward to your suggestions!

Regards,
Hendrik