[IRCServices] Email forwarding

Sean Kelly smkelly at zombie.org
Mon Oct 23 02:14:02 PDT 2000

On Mon, Oct 23, 2000 at 09:41:25AM +0100, ciaran.reilly wrote:
> There was also some discussion a while back about adding a feature like this
> which would enable NickServ to send out lost passwords by dumping data down
> a sendmail session or similar. Personally, I think it's a great idea, and
> would make Services even more versatile.  Realistically, how hard is it to
> do code wise ?

Considerring IRCServices already have a field to store e-mail addresses on
nicknames, I'd imagine that the addition would be very simple.  All that
needs done is to add the external piping to the sendmail program and
having commands to make use of it.

It might even be nice to offer the same thing for channels.  If founder xyz
forgets their password, have it e-mailed to them.

--
Sean Kelly <smkelly at zombie.org> or <smkelly at slashnet.org>
   PGP KeyID: 4AC781C7        http://www.sean-kelly.org