[IRCServices] DB conversion

&quot &quot
Mon Oct 23 04:37:18 PDT 2000

AFAIK, Majik's Services was the only version of services that a conversion
script was written for. I personally have never heard of Epona. Perhaps you
should contact the author of Epona and find out what version of IRCServices
it's based on. IRCServices-4.4.8 uses a relatively new db.

Scott

----- Original Message -----
From: "ben" <ben at desync.com>
To: <ircservices at Snow.shadowfire.org>
Sent: Monday, October 23, 2000 3:24 AM
Subject: [IRCServices] DB conversion

> Sorry if this has been asked before, but I'm new to the list and the
archives are pretty old.

> We started using Epona (http://www.pegsoft.net/epona/) when we moved from
hybrid to dreamforge not knowing it was based heavily on ircservices.  It's
worked great so far, but I'm finding that I don't like the way it doesn't
appear to be under active development, so we're looking into bahamut and
ircservices.

> Anyway, I downloaded 4.4.8 and copied over some DBs from epona.  The
following errors are from services.log:

> [Oct 23 00:11:59 2000] Services 4.4.8 (compiled for ircd.dal Bahamut)
starting up
> [Oct 23 00:12:02 2000] Invalid version number (9) on nick.db
> [Oct 23 00:12:02 2000] FATAL: Unsupported version number (0) on nick.db
>
> I was curious as to how much the DB format has changed since whatever
version epona 1.1.2 was based on had been released and whether or not our
DBs could be edited to work with services 4.4.