[IRCServices] chanserv

&quot &quot
Mon Oct 23 20:06:02 PDT 2000

Well unless you MLOCK whatever  room modes you  want to stay they might go away as soon as the user leaves the channel.
otherwise you will need bots or a services agent on every room so that rooms keep its settings.

type: /msg ChanServ HELP MLOCK

to learn how to MLOCK room modes.

I hope this helps.
----- Original Message -----
From: Robert Brim
To: ircservices at snow.shadowfire.org
Sent: Monday, October 23, 2000 4:33 PM
Subject: [IRCServices] chanserv

Hi all, I am a newbie to the IRC serving scene.

As Andrew can testify, I am a pain in the backside.

I finally have the services running on my server, and it seems to be working
except for some things.. Chanserv does not seem to keep options specified
for channels. I looked in the db and found the channels registered, but none
of the options are kept. i.e. topic etc... although the channel founder, pw
and such are kept.

I looked din the log to find out what the deal was and found this:

[Oct 23 18:11:40 2000] unknown message from server (:www.maxgaming.net 468
services.maxgaming.net #KUF :Only servers can change that mode)

Obviously I am doing something wrong or have something set wrong.. any
suggestions?

Robert Brim
Managing Editor,
MGO.NETwork