[IRCServices] services segfaults -- libc problem? - Addendum

&quot &quot
Wed Oct 25 07:25:47 PDT 2000

Hi everybody,

> Also, you may wish to recompile services with the -g
> switch enabled.  This will add some debugging information
> that will make your life much easier when using gdb.

services have been compiled with -g. This is what gdb tells me:

---cut---
ircserv at nali:~$ gdb services
GNU gdb 5.0
conditions.
This GDB was configured as "i686-pc-linux-gnu"...
(gdb) run
Starting program: /home/ircserv/services

0x400b636b in strtok () from /lib/libc.so.6
(gdb) backtrace
#0  0x400b636b in strtok () from /lib/libc.so.6
#1  0x0 in ?? ()
(gdb) next
Single stepping until exit from function strtok,
which has no line number information.

Program terminated with signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
The program no longer exists.
(gdb)
---cut---

I don't think that's of much help, either. Another thing of note: services
does *not* dump a core file, although I've configured it to do so.

Any other ideas/suggestions?

Thanks & take care,
Hendrik