[IRCServices] Email forwarding

&quot &quot
Mon Nov 6 13:07:30 PST 2000

[snip]

> >Very late reply but hey...
> >
> >IMHO the E-Mail Forwarding feature would seriously ROCK!
> >Any plans on implementing this?
>
>      Just a quick note on this--I had this on my TODO list since way long
> ago, but it turns out it's a pain to implement, mainly because of needing
> either fork and keep track of another process or handle SMTP connections
> using select() in the same process, and having to watch resource
consumption
> in either case.  I don't know what Andrew Kempe's priorities are, but
just
> keep in mind that it's not something that can be dashed out on the spur
of
> the moment.

Hmmm okay I was just wondering because Sirv-2.3.0 has it in and if I
recall, Sirv is based from IRC-Services 3.3.6 or similar, before the
non-Endian specific save/load_xx_dbase routines were added in 4.x.

I have briefly tried to 'port' this feature but have been unable to do so
as Sirv's MemoServ SEND command seems very different from 4.4.8's
command... I also don't know how the list in general feels about patching
IRC-Services as a whole.

Quinn