[IRCServices] Services 4.4.9 / 4.3.4 released

Andy Smith andy at strugglers.net
Tue Dec 12 09:03:42 PST 2000

On Tue, 12 Dec 2000, David Blanchard wrote:

> Just out of curiousity, has anyone been able to get services working under
> RedHat 7?

Not without small code modifications.

>  I have no trouble using services under RedHat 6.2, but Services
> segfaults when started up under RedHat 7....

I noticed this too.  I posted a small patch that makes it work for me at
least, to the ircservices-coding list.  Will dig it out for you later if
still interested.

>  I noticed Unreal (and perhaps
> other ircd's) had to be modified due to some 'string.h bug' in RedHat 7, but
> I don't know if this is related to Services (4.4.8) segfaulting.... Any
> comments would be appreciated.

Seems newer version of glibc break a few things.

--
Andy Smith <andy at strugglers.net>
http://andy.strugglers.net

"Only homosexuals and little girls RTFM, after all." -- Matt Olson