[IRCServices] IRCServices Patch website.

&quot &quot
Thu Dec 14 12:41:19 PST 2000

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andy Smith" <andy at strugglers.net>
To: <ircservices at snow.shadowfire.org>
Sent: Thursday, December 14, 2000 3:38 PM
Subject: Re: [IRCServices] IRCServices Patch website.

> On Thu, 14 Dec 2000 14:48:20 -0500, "Scott Seufert" <dryder at qx.net> wrote:
>
> >I agree 100%, Andrew. I will have 2 seperate download areas. Supported
and
> >unsupported.
>
> Wouldn't supported patches not become part of services anyway, as
> #define'able sections or via configuration directives?
>
> What I'm saying is, would there ever be such a thing as a supported patch?

Yes there would, the supported patches would be like an upgrade diff file,
say from 4.4.8 to 4.4.9. This file would be available from the official
IRCServices website just as they have in the past.

An UN-supported patch would be .. say a diff file that permits ChanServ to
join channels. Having ChanServ join channels is a feature, at this time,
that isn't intended to be included in IRCServices ... therefore you won't
see it as a #define or as a variable in the services.conf file nor find the
source code for the feature on the Official website, but COULD find it on my
site.