[IRCServices] Desired behavior of channel suspension?

&quot &quot
Tue Jan 9 19:19:56 PST 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: Scott Seufert <dryder at qx.net>
To: <ircservices at snow.shadowfire.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 09, 2001 8:06 PM
Subject: Re: [IRCServices] Desired behavior of channel suspension?

] ... SNIP ... [

> I would dissagree with "modeless" I believe that the channel should be:
>
>  +t so users cannot "have fun" with setting the topic to something
childish
> or obsene towards IRCops because the channel is suspended.
> +n to prevent outside messages.
> +s to keep the channel off the channel list and out of users /whois as a
> measure to prevent any type of attraction drawn to the channel.
>
> Optional:
>
> +m to really make the users usage of the channel pleasant <EG>.
> +i to keep the channel user count at the max of 1

Well they wouldn't be modeless channels persay.  Just no ops.  ChanServ
and OperServ could still affect the modes or grant ops of course.  So
you could do a +tns on the channel, just don't op people by default to
keep them from doing much.  They can't kick or ban this way for example.

Perhaps the mlock on a suspended channel could be setable in the
configuration file.

As a side note:
In all reality services can change modes on a modeless channel as well, but
they don't like it too much.  (The IRCd doesn't seem to mind though)

Bryce Simonds (Kelmar K. Firesun)