[IRCServices] Services and a REQUIRED E-MAIL address

Real RealCFC at ChatFIRST.COM
Thu Jan 18 22:50:37 PST 2001

We have had very bad experiences on our network , regarding people posing as room or nick owners when they are really not the owners.
Its hard at times to determine if the person is lying when they are trying to get their lost passwords.
I wonder if it could be implemented that a REQUIRED e-mail address was asked when users try to register their Nicks or Channels
Something like:

/msg NickServ IDENTIFY PASS EMAIL

And

/msg ChanServ REGISTER #Channel PASS DESCRIPTION EMAIL

This could really help and would really be appreciated, We keep encoraging our users to add their email address to the NickServ INFO and to their ChanServ INFO for situations when they lose their passwords , but it's hard to get everyone to understand how important it is, so making this a requirement would help a lot .
Just a suggestion that I think could be think of for future versions IRCServices.
Ely

RealCFC at ChatFIRST.COM
http://www.chatfirst.com