[IRCServices] exceptions entries by IP & channel bans with bahamut

dreamer at darkness.gr dreamer at darkness.gr
Fri Jan 19 12:50:46 PST 2001

Greetings again,
	Services should use a nslookup query to check the ip, this will
slow down service plus it might have some weird effects. Which dns server
is going to query for the nslookup, is the dns server secure enough by
mean that nobody is going to poison the zonefiles etc etc. Thought this
sounds trivial it could cause some problems.
The only solution that i could think as the best solution is, to remove
the numeric bans from the servers directly. I think this is the way that
dalnet handles it.

The last idea was proposed mainly by TimeMr14C.

Regards,
Nick Krassas
Dinos @ darkness.irc.gr