[IRCServices] exceptions entries by IP & channel bans with bahamut

Andy Smith andy at strugglers.net
Fri Jan 19 18:06:53 PST 2001

On Fri, 19 Jan 2001 18:19:21 -0600, "Kelmar K. Firesun"
<kfiresun at ix.netcom.com> wrote:

> [...]

Yep, and has done for a long time.

>The last thing you'd want is to have services sit there and hang up for
>a while as it performs 100s of DNS lookups (which might not resolve) on
>each user on your network... Even then what one server things the IP of
>one user might NOT be the IP that another server will resolve.

Indeed, but I do think that chanserv unban needs to take account of this, as
otherwise I think it can be very confusing.

>This is why you'd have to transmit the IP when the user connects.  Services
>doesn't know to set the ban if it cannot match the bans.

Well I'm not suggesting that services sets bans by IP or anything like
that.. Just saying that chanserv unban needs to take account of this
behaviour.

--
Andy Smith <andy at strugglers.net>