[IRCServices] Email forwarding

Andrew Kempe andrewk at icon.co.za
Sun Jan 21 01:47:54 PST 2001

I got very close to being able to send passwords to an email address. I was
not at all keen on having to handle more sockets so I was basically doing
the following:

- Dumping the password to a file. The file also contained the email address
to which to send the email.
- Run a cron that basically used "mail" to send the mail off.

There is a slight overhead in having to write to a file but I didn't think
that there would be _that_ many mails being created. Forwarding memo's would
up this number of mails a lot. What I had in mind was outputting the memo's
to a single file for a specified time, say 1 minute. After that time a new
file is started and a cron can then parse up the old file and send the memos
off.

These may not be the most elegant solutions, but they're simple to implement
and they get the job done.

Andrew