[IRCServices] Email forwarding

Andrew Church achurch at achurch.org
Mon Jan 22 20:15:12 PST 2001

>>>What part of this is open to resource attacks?
>>
>>/ns set email some-domain at that.doesnt.resolve
>>/ns sendpass
>>
>>Lather, rinse, repeat and watch sendmail choke.
>
>Depends heavily on your choice of MTA.  Sendmail may behave like this but
>Exim [http://www.exim.org/] sure doesn't...  however putting limits on is
>still a good idea due to the extra resources consumed by having N number of
>Exim processes waiting for their domain resolvers.

     That's my point.  _Something_ will choke, be it sendmail, the system
(too many processes), or Services SENDPASS (MTA refuses messages due to
load). Switching MTAs just moves the problem around.

>(In case you were wondering, I rather like Exim - readable config files,
>completely bulletproof, [...]
     Ain't None Such.  You mean "not banged on enough".

  --Andrew Church
    achurch at achurch.org | New address - please note.
    http://achurch.org/ | $B%a!<%k%"%I%l%9$,JQ$o$j$^$7$?!#(B