[IRCServices] Email forwarding

Imran Ali Rashid u970042 at giki.edu.pk
Mon Jan 22 05:38:05 PST 2001

> >>      That's my point.  _Something_ will choke, be it sendmail, the system
> >> (too many processes), or Services SENDPASS (MTA refuses messages due to
> >> load). Switching MTAs just moves the problem around.
> >
> >You're assuming sendmail isn't correctly configured...
> >Configure it properly and it shouldn't choke.
> >I won't go into details about how you're a VERY bad
> >sys admin if this isn't set. :-)
> >In sendmail.cf:
> >MaxDaemonChildren=limit
> >make sure that limit is set and reasonable.
>
>      BZZT, nice try, neeext!

nice expression :-)
isn't there a way to limit the time the program waits for the DNS query reply?

> >About services choking, I think the original idea of having a
> >separate process run via cron say every hour is a better idea.
> >That way, services don't choke.
>
>      That has nothing to do with the problem; see above.

This has nothing to do with the problem related to dns resolving, i agree, but it would help by not having everything
stuck in services... just getting it stuck one step further in a different process :-) That way services will at least
function better.

>      If you want to patch Services to do things this way, fine.
> I won't support it.  (But I do have E-mail functions on the list of
> features to be added for 5.0.)

Nope.. i don't have that much time on my hands... I wish i did though.
I could then finish up the things that get postponed to tomorrow.

>   --Andrew Church
>     achurch at achurch.org | New address - please note.
>     http://achurch.org/ | $B%a!<%k%"%I%l%9$,JQ$o$j$^$7$?!#(B

Imran Ali Rashid