AW: [IRCServices] Backup Feature?

Yusuf Iskenderoglu uhc0 at rz.uni-karlsruhe.de
Mon Jan 22 14:25:37 PST 2001

Hi!

Well, if you suggest such an unnecessary addition, you may also tell me,
why you are not able to add a cronjob, which every 5 minutes tries to start
services.

Because, that will result in the same event.

In your case, after the squit of the fallen set, the secondary set will
re-read the database written by the first one, and pump the nicks, and continue.

In the cronjob case, the cron will restart services, again with the database written
during the squit, and the result is the same.

The only point is, that there might be a delay of 4 minutes max. And it is completely
unimportant I think. In other words, it is completely unnecessary to be coded into services.

Regards;
yusuf