AW: AW: [IRCServices] Backup Feature?

Yusuf Iskenderoglu uhc0 at rz.uni-karlsruhe.de
Mon Jan 22 15:52:08 PST 2001

Hello;

> you are assuming that the internet feed never goes down.  We had an
> outtage of over 2 hours one day, where the server running services was
> fine but the internet connecion was down.

I assume nothing, because:

You cannot have to sets of services on different computers, for they HAVE to read the
same DB. Any solution using NFS/SMBFS may also fail, if the network itself is down.
And, two services with different db's does not make any sense.

Result: If you want them to read the same db, place them onto the same computer.
Network filesystems may work, but again, secondary set may even not start, if there are
bigger connection problems.
If they are on the same computer, there is really no need of adding that functionality.
Cron will do the same job.

Regards;
yusuf

| Yusuf Iskenderoglu                | You get to meet all sorts,     |
| eMail - uhc0 at rz.uni-karlsruhe.de  | in this line of work...        |
| eMail - s_iskend at ira.uka.de       |                                |
| ICQ UIN : 20587464                |                                |