[IRCServices] AKILL

Andrew Church achurch at achurch.org
Fri Jan 26 08:27:07 PST 2001

>I got some bozo telling me I have to give them the source code to our
>modified services because of the GPL license.  I assume this is crap, that
>if we distributed the binary, we would also have to include the source.
>Is my assumption correct?

     I'm not sure exactly what you're saying, but there is no requirement
that you give the source to anyone who asks for it; as you say, the
requirement is that _if_ you distribute the binary, _then_ you must _also_
provide the source.  If you don't want to distribute your modifications at
all, there's no problem with that.  (Of course, if you've made useful
changes I don't see a reason _not_ to release them, but that's up to you.)

  --Andrew Church
    achurch at achurch.org | New address - please note.
    http://achurch.org/ | $B%a!<%k%"%I%l%9$,JQ$o$j$^$7$?!#(B