[IRCServices] Services 4.5pre0 released

Andrew Church achurch at achurch.org
Wed Jan 31 00:00:04 PST 2001

>I was looking through the code and the support for this is wrapped in
>
>#ifdef IRC_DAL4_4_15
>#endif

     When you're using Bahamut, IRC_DAL4_4_15 is also defined, so this
code applies.

>I realise it's not trivial but support for the RC4 encrypted links in
>Bahamut would be lovely :)

     What exactly would this get you?  I can see situations when you're
running on an untrusted LAN and this would help, but in the vast majority
of cases (where Services and the ircd run on the same box) this would do
nothing except consume CPU power.  The same goes for compression, only
more so--even on a 10Mbps Ethernet link compression could easily reduce
performance.

  --Andrew Church
    achurch at achurch.org | New address - please note.
    http://achurch.org/ | $B%a!<%k%"%I%l%9$,JQ$o$j$^$7$?!#(B