[IRCServices] Services 4.5pre1 released

Real Admin at ChatFIRST.COM
Thu Feb 1 20:14:36 PST 2001

I have just installed IRCServices-4.5pre1 and everything appears to be ok
except for that new feature of ChanServ setting +q on the owner. First it
looks like it's not doing it on all the rooms, I tried registering a test
channel after one of my IRCops complained that ChanServ was not +q ing him
on his channel that of course he owns and was the founder of it. ChanServ
would NOT set +q on me opon joining the Test channel, However it was setting
+q on the help channel #ChatFIRST which had been registered like a year ago.
Also this new +q mode conflicts with clients like pIRCh98 cause once the
given nick gets +q then their nick shows up as @.Nick  notice there's dot in
between the @ sign and the nickname itself then when someone using pIRCh
tries to /msg the nick by double clicking on their nick they get this
message back at them:

.RealCFC :No such nick/channel
-
.RealCFC :End of /WHOIS list.
-

I know this seems to be a problem with the client itself not services but I
wonder what we will tell to all these pIRCh users when they try to private
message the OP of the room and it says she/he are not knwon .
Maybe this is something that has to be fixed with UnrealIRCd ?
I have used pIRCh in networks where OPs are not shown with @ but with .
(dot) in that case pIRCh has no problem private messaging the user.
This is a really bad bad thing as many many people on the internet use
pIRCh98. after all there's only two good IRC clients for Windows mIRC and
pIRCh . the others are all full of bugs.

I also noticed that ChanServ DID NOT MLOCK +s on rooms where it was supposed
to. Once I restarted services for the upgrade ChanServ forgot MLOCK +s in
every room it was set for that.

I ll continue testing and send a message to this list if I find any other
problems.
Ely

RealCFC at ChatFIRST.COM
http://www.chatfirst.com