[IRCServices] Re: Services 4.5pre1 released

wahoo wahoo at cyber-dreams.org
Thu Feb 1 17:50:18 PST 2001

Hello [Real],

on 02-Feb-01, you wrote:

> Also forgot to say once the person that has been +q ed on the channel
> changes their nick to another the new nick WILL NOT show up on the
> people's list however the old nick still appears there being a ghost and
> the users of the room can't even see that the Founder changed nicks it
> simply stays there as a ghost till the user ( not the room founder but the
> one that cant see the founder quits IRC or the channel in question )

these 'effects' (incl. the ones in your mail before) seems to be client-
side problems. I'm testing UnrealIRCd3.1.1 with ircservices4.5pre1 and
it works fine for my client (AmIRC). Actually channel-owners are not
supported by my client's current version, but that's not the point.
It seems to be a problem with pirch, not UnrealIRCd.

    As for not giving +q on joining the channels - I think, the founder
has to be on the aop or sop list to get mode +q. But I could be wrong
on this point... just a thought.

best regards,
wahoo

|  wahoo at the-gamers.net        \|/          www.the-gamers.net  |
|  phone: <censored>           @ @         #gamers.net (IRCNet) |
|  ICQ-UIN: 24911279     --oOO-(_)-OOo--    - technical admin - |

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else...