[IRCServices] Services 4.5pre1 released

Andrew Church achurch at achurch.org
Fri Feb 2 10:46:14 PST 2001

>I have just installed IRCServices-4.5pre1 and everything appears to be ok
>except for that new feature of ChanServ setting +q on the owner. First it
>looks like it's not doing it on all the rooms, I tried registering a test
>channel after one of my IRCops complained that ChanServ was not +q ing him
>on his channel that of course he owns and was the founder of it. ChanServ
>would NOT set +q on me opon joining the Test channel, However it was setting
>+q on the help channel #ChatFIRST which had been registered like a year ago.

     Were you identified for the channel?  How about for your nick?

>Also this new +q mode conflicts with clients like pIRCh98 cause once the
>given nick gets +q then their nick shows up as @.Nick  notice there's dot in
>between the @ sign and the nickname itself then when someone using pIRCh
>tries to /msg the nick by double clicking on their nick they get this
>message back at them:
>
>.RealCFC :No such nick/channel

     That looks like a client bug.  Fix the client, or don't use Unreal
support (DAL 4.4.15 support should work).

>I also noticed that ChanServ DID NOT MLOCK +s on rooms where it was supposed
>to. Once I restarted services for the upgrade ChanServ forgot MLOCK +s in
>every room it was set for that.

     I can't reproduce this.  Can you provide more information?  Are you
sure it isn't a script bug?

  --Andrew Church
    achurch at achurch.org | New address - please note.
    http://achurch.org/ | $B%a!<%k%"%I%l%9$,JQ$o$j$^$7$?!#(B