[IRCServices] Ok, I think that I have checked all other areas first. Why the !@#$ does chanserv keep re-opping and re-voic

Strider strider at chatcircuit.com
Sun Feb 4 14:29:30 PST 2001

I think he's confused on the secureops thing...at least I am from what he's
trying to say.

If you set appropriate levels, which default are usually good enough, and
set the proper settings on the channel, an op may op a user with their
client, but chanserv will immediately deop the person if they are not on the
access list equal to or higher than level 5 (or aop). An aop can kick, ban,
etc etc without interference from chanserv. A sop (level 10) can add aops,
kick ban, etc etc.

As for the idle thing...no where in any standards or our server rules does
it state an idle person must deop. Now if one of our ircops are opped in a
channel and they are going to idle, we encourage them to deop, but that's
not enforced. But still, the feature that reops should be toggleable as it
can cause some frustrations for people who deop when they are idling or
don't wish to bother with the channel atm. If I am missing something, go
ahead and like knock me over the head because it feels like I am. But then,
I've got a migraine so I'm not thinking clearly.

Beau (Strider) Steward
chatcircuit administrator and 6bit band member
strider at chatcircuit.com        www.chatcircuit.com
ircadmin at chatcircuit.com     irc.chatcircuit.com
strider at 6bit.net                    www.6bit.net