[IRCServices] Ok, I think that I have checked all other areas first. Why the !@#$ does chanserv keep re-opping and re-voic

Countersync of AGNPH (and #agnph) countersync at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 4 22:54:05 PST 2001

From: "Andrew Church" <achurch at achurch.org>
To: "Countersync of AGNPH (and #agnph)" <ircservices at ircservices.za.net>
Sent: Sunday, February 04, 2001 13:54
Subject: Re: [IRCServices] Ok, I think that I have checked all other areas
first. Why the !@#$ does chanserv keep re-opping and re-voic

> >To clarify, I do not mean when a user joins a channel after they identify
> >with nickserv.  I mean after a user has been in channel, if they go
> >auto-idle away or have been there without action long enough to declare
> >idle.  At that point anyone with operator status in the channel (possibly
> >bot, but usually a human) is supposed to remove their ops and voice.  At
> >least as of the last tests I made in a channel I test on, chanserv would
> >re-voice and re-op them if they had the sufficent level to gain either of
> >those upon entry.  This is of course a feature that need at least an
on/off
> >switch if not removal.  It is not desired in all the cases I can think of
> >off hand.
>
>      Meaning your one channel?  When I first implemented this feature most
> people appreciated it.  Is there a general opinion on whether this
behavior
> should change?  Incidentally, I have never heard of this "supposed to
remove
> their ops and voice" business; don't assume your channel policies apply to
> everyone else.

Correct, in all of the channels I visit, which isn't many.  Also I didn't
assume they applied to everyone else, just that at some time everyone else
was likely to want to do that same task for one reason or another.

> >>      Secure-ops is to disallow users not in the access list from
getting
> >> ops, not to limit who can set ops on whom.  The HELP text describes
this
> >> clearly.
> >
> >Again, to clarify.  If secure-ops is set, chanserv will not allow anyone
> >with a level lower then (and equal to?  I forget this point, and can't
seem
> >to get an answer with "/msg chanserv help levels set autodeop") auto-deop
> >keep ops.

<Snip chanserv return for /msg chanserv help set secureops>
> Incidentally, the command you are looking for is "help levels desc".

Thanks, this helps, but I still can't see any indication as to the >, <, <=,
or >= function it uses to filter who the levels apply to.