[IRCServices] secure on

Andy Smith andy at strugglers.net
Mon Feb 12 17:15:43 PST 2001

On Mon, 12 Feb 2001 18:42:20 -0600 (CST), Jazba Junoon <jazba at awww.jeah.net>
wrote:

>Actually, I am talking about secure, not restricted.

SECURE has never done what you are talking about.  To set it so that only
people on your access list may join, set RESTRICTED on.  To stop
unregistered nicks from entering, set channel mode +R if your ircd supports
it.

>-ChanServ- Syntax: SET channel SECURE {ON | OFF}
>-ChanServ-
>-ChanServ- Enables or disables ChanServ's security features for a
>-ChanServ- channel.  When SECURE is set, only users who have
>-ChanServ- registered their nicknames with NickServ and IDENTIFY'd
>-ChanServ- with their password will be given access to the channel
>-ChanServ- as controlled by the access list.
>
>Isnt this = ONLY registred nicks can join a channel?

No, it is saying that people on your access list will only get their access
when they are identified to their nicks, and that's the way it's always been
AFAIK.

--
Andy Smith <andy at strugglers.net>